Contributer: Jamie Lewis, Student/Photographer

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hi!

My name is Jamie Lewis, and I am a photography student in Lansing, MI. I've been interested in photography ever since I was a teenager. I took my first photography class almost 10 years ago (wow- am I really that old?), but it was just for fun- I was an interior design student at the time. Fast forward several years later (and 1 husband and 2 children later), I decided interior design wasn't the career for me. So after much thought and prayer, I decided to take my hobby to the next level, and enrolled in the photography program this past summer.

Although I haven't officially started a business, I do have a website (a work in progress): www.jamiellewisphotography.art.officelive.com/

School keeps me pretty busy, so I don't do as much work professionally as I'd like to. When I do, I usually shoot portraits -mostly families/children- and I am interested in doing weddings. After school, I'd like to continue to do portraits, but I'm also interested in photojournalism, art photography and fashion photography.

I shoot with a Nikon D200, and I am hoping to add the D300s next year. I have a Nikon 18-105mm VR lens (which is broken, thanks to my 1 year old), a Sigma 28-85mm lens and a Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens. I also have a cheap Bower flash (it works in a pinch), a Manfrotto 190XB/486RC2 tripod, and I use Photoshop CS4. We use hot lights and strobes in the studio at school, but I use daylight balanced photo CFL's (I plan to buy some strobes next year).

Thanks for inviting me-I'm looking forward to learning from each other:)

1 comments:

Claire said...

Thanks for introducing yourself Jamie! I'm excited for you to share some of your photo class knowledge with us!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP