Contributer: Amanda Johnson of Johnson Photography

Monday, September 14, 2009

Hi everyone!

I'm Amanda Johnson of Johnson Photography. My husband and I operate a landscape maintenance/ installation company in Las Vegas, NV. We are currently working on websites for both companies so I will link them up when they are ready. Like some of you, I am also a student. My major is in small business management and I am considering a minor in photography.

I feel as though I'm a bit odd compared to those of you who have already posted. Honestly, I do not enjoy photographing people (with the exception of my family). I don't mind doing portraits every now and then, but my passion lies towards the fine art side of photography. Ever since I was a kid I have tried capturing the beauty I see around me and I see it everywhere. You can almost always catch me carrying around my camera in case I find something I absolutely have to photograph. You have no idea how many times I have "made" my husband pull over to the side of the road so I could photograph something. Taking pictures of the things I see in the world around me is something that I have to do. It's part of who I am. Maybe, someday, I'll even be good enough to make a little money doing what I love.

I shoot with a Canon EOS 40D, edit with Photoshop CS4, and the only lens I currently own is a 28-135. It is a fairly versatile lens and I haven't really had the need to buy a new one although I want a new one. It's hard to decide which one to purchase next since there are so many fun ones I so badly want to play around with. Suggestions?

1 comments:

Claire said...

Hey Amanda! Thanks for introducing yourself. I LOVE my 50mm f/1.8. Its an inexpensive lens and takes FABULOUS photos. Its my current favourite, though I love all my lenses. Definitely worth looking into!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP