Monitor Calibration is a MUST!!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

As I have recently stopped giving out discs of images with my sessions and now offer prints instead, I went ahead and set myself up with a pro lab. As part of the set up, I sent them 5 images which they printed off and mailed to me so I could see how their printers would handle my images. The results- not great. It wasn't the lab's fault... it was my monitor. I use a laptop, I had never even thought of calibrating my monitor and apparently the screen was very, very off (which from what I understand is typical of most screens).

This week I bit the bullet. I ordered the i1 display 2 by X rite to calibrate my monitor. Oh. My. Gosh. The difference is insane. I cannot believe how much better the images are. I love knowing that what I see on my screen and what I get from my lab will match up now. I cannot even tell you how much I wish I had done this sooner. I strongly encourage you all to look into calibrating your monitor. The install was a pain in the butt, but the results are so worth it.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP